Jun 10, 2018
As Christians, we glibly quote verses like Ephesians 2:7 about being seated with Christ in heavenly places and Hebrews 4:16 about boldly coming to the “throne of grace” for help in time of need. We usually don’t stop to think about what this really means. Is it simply poetic language? Or is there a powerful truth of what we have access to here and now?
Most of mainstream Christianity teaches you that you cannot enter heaven until you die. Why? My guess is because it is what they were taught. For the most part, we (most Christian churches) have only regurgitated what those before us taught. It takes fresh eyes, sometimes, to look at things a bit different. Scripture seems to indicate a person can indeed go to the heavens before they die.
However, we have often been taught that “You can’t go to Heaven until after you die.” This basically is telling us that death is the door to Heaven. Death is how we get there. Until you die you can’t see Heaven. Yet, in scripture and all throughout history there have been people stepping into and seeing into the Heavenly realms without dying and coming back. With the exception of Enoch and Elijah whose final trip took them there with their body, the rest were evidently going only in spirit.
To name a few Biblical characters who encountered heaven: Job, Jacob, Moses, Elisha, David, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Stephen, John, and Paul.
I think we would all agree that Heaven is not something we can see with our natural eyes or senses. One way to describe it is that Heaven is in another dimension. Scientifically, we can exist with or next to other dimensions simultaneously. Jesus said in Luke, “… behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” [Luke 17:21 KJV] Wow! Another mind tweaker. Not only is the God and Creator of the Universe living inside you and me, but He’s a huge enormous (unmeasurable) being that exists across every dimension He has created. So, if this is true, why would we be limited to just this one dimension of existence. If we are in Christ, and He is in us, and Jesus is in the Father, then are we not all in the Father with Christ? And, if Jesus is a gate into the Heavens and we have Holy Spirit in us to help us communicate with God, is that not a gate? Are we not a gate into the Kingdom/Heaven as Jesus was/is?
Whoa! I know some people may be checking out right now. But hold on! Do you believe in Heaven? If so, Why? I suggest it is because that is what you have been taught. What if the teachings of the church have fallen short of teaching the fullness of what God intended? If you believe in Heaven, then shouldn’t we believe and accept that the God of the Universe that dwells in you has likely given you unique abilities. I’m convinced that the key to tapping into those abilities is humility and selflessness. The only way up into His Kingdom/Heaven is to go low. It is the principle of Priest and King. When you understand how to be a great priest, then and only then, will you be given power and authority to tap into the supernatural power that resides within you.
You see, that power within each of us, Holy Spirit, is the power to do God’s will. But until we fully submit to His will, we can’t receive its fullness. It is the power to bring us to maturity as sons so that we look like Jesus. Jesus was a firstfruit. “…Christ the firstfruits…” [1Co 15:23 NKJV] Jesus was not only the firstfruit of resurrection, but He fully expected us to operate in power and authority as He did and MORE! Jesus said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater [works] than these he will do because I go to My Father. [Jhn 14:12 NKJV]
What did Jesus do?
He Controlled Nature
- Calming the storm – Matthew 8:23-27; Mark 4:37-41; Luke 8:22-25
- Feeding 5,000 – Matthew 14:14-21; Mark 6:30-44; Luke 9:10-17; John 6:1-14
- Walking on water – Matthew 14:22-32; Mark 6:47-52; John 6:16-21
- Feeding 4,000 – Matthew 15:32-39; Mark 8:1-9
- Fish with coin – Matthew 17:24-27
- Fig tree withers – Matthew 21:18-22; Mark 11:12-14, 20-25
- Huge catch of fish – Luke 5:4-11; John 21:1-11
- Water into wine – John 2:1-11
He Healed People
- Man with leprosy – Matthew 8:1-4; Mark 1:40-44; Luke 5:12-14
- Roman centurion’s servant – Matthew 8:5-13; Luke 7:1-10
- Peter’s mother-in-law – Matthew 8:14-15; Mark 1:30-31; Luke 4:38-39
- Two men possessed with devils – Matthew 8:28-34; Mark 5:1-15; Luke 8:27-39
- Man with palsy – Matthew 9:2-7; Mark 2:3-12; Luke 5:18-26
- Woman with bleeding – Matthew 9:20-22; Mark 5:25-34; Luke 8:43-48
- Two blind men – Matthew 9:27-31
- Dumb, devil-possessed man – Matthew 9:32-33
- Canaanite woman’s daughter – Matthew 15:21-28; Mark 7:24-30
- Boy with devil – Matthew 17:14-21; Mark 9:17-29; Luke 9:38-43
- Two blind men – including Bartimaeus – Matthew 20:29-34; Mark 10:46-52; Luke 18:35-43
- Demon-possessed man in synagogue – Mark 1:21-28; Luke 4:31-37
- Blind man at Bethsaida – Mark 8:22-26
- Crippled woman – Luke 13:10-17
- Man with dropsy – Luke 14:1-4
- Ten men with leprosy – Luke 17:11-19
- The high priest’s servant – Luke 22:50-51
- Nobleman’s son at Capernaum – John 4:46-54
- Sick man at the pool of Bethsaida – John 5:1-15
- Man born blind – John 9:1-41
He Raised the Dead
- Jairus’ daughter – Matthew 9:18-26; Mark 5:21-43; Luke 8:40-56
- Widow’s son at Nain – Luke 7:11-17
- Lazarus – John 11:1-44
Other Fascinating Miracles
- In Heaven and Earth at the same time – Jesus said, “And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, [even] the Son of man which is in heaven.” [Jhn 3:13 KJV] Jesus told Nicodemus, “I’m in Heaven” even though He was seated in the physical right there with Nicodemus.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Where are you right now as you are reading this? Well, guess what, You are also in heaven at this very moment. “And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,” [Eph 2:6 NIV] This says that He HAS ALREADY seated us in Heavenly places. It does not say, “He will.” It is already done. We have to learn to believe so we can operate there.
- Angels ascending and descending on/through Jesus. – “He then added, “Very truly I tell you, you will see ‘heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on’ the Son of Man.” [Jhn 1:51 NIV]
Hmmmm? Sound familiar? “He [Jacob] had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it. … 17 He was afraid and said, “How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God; this is the gate of heaven.” [Gen 28:12, 17 NIV] Do you see it? Jesus is the gate to heaven. We’re taught that death is the gate to Heaven. It is not. Jesus is. Death without Jesus will not get you to Heaven.
- Transfigured – “After six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John with him and led them up a high mountain, where they were all alone. There he was transfigured before them. 3 His clothes became dazzling white, whiter than anyone in the world could bleach them. 4 And there appeared before them Elijah and Moses, who were talking with Jesus. [Mar 9:2-4 NIV] Here we see Jesus shifting from His normal body, like you and I have, to something totally supernatural. Here is a question to ponder. Was this the first and only time Jesus did this? Or, was it simply the first time He invited His disciples to see Him do it? Jesus went away to pray a lot. I suggest this was not the first time at all. And, that this is one of the things we can expect as we become mature sons.
- Jesus walks through people – “When they heard this, the people in the synagogue were furious. Jumping up, they mobbed him and forced him to the edge of the hill on which the town was built. They intended to push him over the cliff, but he passed right through the crowd and went on his way.” [Luke 4:28-30 NLT]
- With a word, Jesus pushes over a group of soldiers – “Now when He said to them, “I am [He],” they drew back and fell to the ground.” [Jhn 18:6 NKJV]
There are so many more things Jesus did, and yet we are expected to do more. Is going into the Heavens so unexpected? Is it that far of a stretch considering all that Jesus did? No! It is fully expected, especially since Jesus is already there, now. We are invited into the Heavens.
Death is NOT the door to Heaven. Jesus is the door. He is the only legal way in. This is so cool! Look at this, Jesus says “I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. [Jhn 10:9 NKJV] It says those who enter through Jesus will “go in and out.” In and out of what?
Well, what is Jesus the door to? John 1:51 Jesus says angels will ascend and descend on Him in and out of what? Heaven! Jesus is the door to Heaven. Jesus is the Way! He said, “…I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. [Jhn 14:6 NKJV]
Jesus came to tear down the wall of separation that kept us out of Heavens. “And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split” [Mat 27:50-51 NIV] This also took place in the Heavens so that we could boldly step into the Heavens. “Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body” [Heb 10:19-20 NIV] “Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. … Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” [Heb 4:14, 16 NIV]
WOW! Why has this not been taught? It is difficult to teach what you do not understand. For the most part, Christians have not had a grid for this. It does not fit our normal everyday life. And up until recently, there has been only a handful in each generation that has by faith stepped in. BUT NOW! God is revealing this to His people in masses. It is time for the mature sons to rise up and take their place on Earth and in the Heavens.
My wife and I have been teaching this at our church in the Sacramento, CA region as we receive greater revelation. It is changing lives! We have seen an increase of intimacy with Jesus like never before! If that were all we ever got from it, it would be far more than enough! But we are seeing so much more power and authority beginning to be released. People are being set free and we are becoming what Jesus called us to be – His Ekklesia… His government on the Earth.
This has been an extremely abbreviated summary of this topic. There is so much more you can learn from our online course called “Ultimate Impact.” You can join it at www.UltimateImpactMovement.com
Blessings to you and yours!